0 Comments 14:19

Q. Do I need documents to get number plates?

A. Yes you do.

We comply to the regulations outlined in the DVLA guide INF401.

We fully understand this can be an inconvenience but we do our best to make this as straight forward for you.

Before your order is placed you will be requested to supply the documents outlined below.

You can either email your documents to us or send them in Messenger. Just contact us for further assistance.

When sending in documents we require one from each of the following groups:

Group 1

To confirm your identity

  • driving licence
  • utility, Council Tax or rates bill from the last 6 months
  • bank or building society statement from the last 6 months
  • national identity card

Group 2

To confirm you can use the registration

  • vehicle registration certificate (V5C or V5CNI)
  • new keeper supplement (V5C/2 or V5C/2NI)
  • of entitlement (V750 or V750NI) to the number
  • retention document (V778) – not applicable in Northern Ireland
  • a renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
  • temporary registration certificate (V379 or V379NI)
  • a number plate authorisation certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
  • an electronic number plate authorisation certificate (eV948)
  • a letter of authorisation from a fleet operator (including lease or hire company) quoting the document reference number from the registration certificate

Related Post